Baking & Flour
Baking your own bread is not only a great therapeutic activity but also a healthy way to increase the amount of whole grains in your diet. White bread offers us very little in the way of nutrition but that's not to say all bread is the same. Here at Auriel health shop we stock a range of healthy flours that can make your daily loaf pack a whole lot more nutrition that before.
Types of healthy flour
- White spelt flour - Spelt (Triticum spelta)is an ancient grain which should not be confused with common bread wheat
- Whole grain spelt flour - Due to spelt's high water solubility, the grain's vital substances can be absorbed quickly into the body. The nutrients are made available to the entire organism with a minimum of digestive work.
- Malthouse bread flour - Malt house bread flour is made by mixing wheat and rye flours with malted grains. This helps to give the bread a wholesome crunchy texture.
- Buckwheat flour - While many people think that buckwheat is a cereal grain, it is actually a fruit seed that is related to rhubarb and sorrel making it a suitable substitute for grains for people who are sensitive to wheat or other grains that contain protein glutens.
- Barleycorn bread flour - Organic barleycorn is made from wheat and barley flours combined with malted barley flakes and omega-3 rich linseeds.