Natural Cold & Flu Remedies
Give your sniffles the heave ho with our great range of natural cold and flu remedies
We have all woken up feeling horrid and had to write of days (sometimes even weeks) due to persistent colds or flu, but not anymore. Here at Auriel Health Shop we have searched far and wide to bring you the very best natural remedies for dealing with even the most stubborn of colds.
Colds and Flu, What are the differences?
Colds are much milder respiratory illness than the flu, admittedly the common cold can still take it out of you, but when the flu hits there can be serious health implications including "pneumonia
Best supplements to survive sneeze season
- Omega-3 - If you don't eat a lot of fish its highly recommended that you take omega-3 supplement daily to take advantage of the fatty acids immune boosting properties.
- Astragalus - This Chinese root helps fight infection by stimulating white blood cell production within the body.
- Echinacea - This is a time tested method of dealing with cold and flu's, while not directly fighting the symptoms its widely believed to help shorten the duration of the illness
- Vitamin-D - A Harvard study shows. People with the lowest vitamin D levels were 36% more likely to have upper respiratory infections, compared with those with the most D.
- Zinc - With conflicting evidence it's hard for us to draw a firm conclusion when it comes to the use of zinc to help with cold or flu viruses. It is however believed that taking around 30mg of zinc daily will help to shorten the life cycle of the virus by as much as a couple of days.
- Vitamin-C - One of the most common methods of fighting of cold and flu viruses is taking hi doses of vitamin C.