Hair, Skin and Nail Supplements
Keep your body looking at its best with our range of Hair, Skin and Nail Supplements
Everyday our hair, nails and skin are exposed to a huge number of environmental toxins, but what can be done to protect these sensitive areas? Here at Auriel health store we have a vast selection of natural supplements and remedies that can both repair and protect these areas.
Tired of always having greasy looking hair, or maybe you just can't get that volume you have always wanted? There is only so much that on the hair products can offer, but there is growing evidence that shows nutritional vitamins and supplements could offer you hair the burst of life it needs.
- Viviscal - The supplement is an extract of a plant commonly known as horsetail (Latin name being "Equisetum")It is widely used as a natural method of combating baldness but also can help add volume and shine to your hair.
- Vitamin D - Our bodies gain Vitamin D from sunlight, obviously in winter months it becomes more important to make sure you take regular B vitamins in supplement form to make sure you are not becoming deficient.
- Vitamin A - Vitamin A as you may already know is a powerful antioxidant that not only helps to keep free radicals under check but also may be able to delay the onset of gray hair.
Healthy skin is not all just about creams and lotions, it's very important to think about the things you're putting into your body as well. Vitamins and minerals play an essential role in providing a healthy complexion.
What can help
- Vitamin-B Complex - Using creams containing vitamin B can give your skin an almost instant glow, it works by helping your body retain moisture. This is due to an important B vitamin known as biotin, a nutrient that forms of all skin nail and hair cells.
- Vitamin K - Although vitamin K doesn't hold a whole lot of benefits for your skin when taken internally, when applied to the skin using a cream it can have a dramatic effect on your under eye wrinkles
- Selenium - Scientists believe this mineral can play a key role in the prevention of skin cancer. Selenium can be taken in supplement form or applied as a cream directly to the skin. Some of the best dietary sources of selenium include garlic, seafood, cereals and eggs.
- Copper - Copper is another important mineral, it helps to develop elastin (A protein found in connective tissue that helps bodily tissues return to their original shape after stretching)
- Zinc - Zinc is also an extremely skin friendly metal. Zinc becomes especially useful for people suffering from acne
- Alpha-Lipoic Acid - Alpha-Lipoic Acid is one of our planets most powerful antioxidants which is in fact hundreds of times more potents than vitamin C or E
- DMAE - Another antioxidant that is excellent at combating nasty free radicals within the body is DMAE. It has many uses when it comes to skin health one of the most noted is its ability to ward of age spots.
- Hyaluronic Acid - produced by our bodies the main job of Hyaluronic Acid is to help lubricate joints, another amazing fact about Hyaluronic Acid is that it can hold a thousand times its own weight in water meaning more moisture is availabel for your skin
- Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs) - EFAs work by producing the oil found on your skin
Nails take a whole lot of abuse during day to day life, the never ending piles of washing up combined with things like nail polish can make your nails brittle and increase chances of a snap. But what can be done to help strengthen our nails?
- Gamma-linolenic acid - This fatty acid helps to promote healthy skin, hair and nails. Some natural sources of Gamma-linolenic acid include black-currant oil and evening primrose oil.
- Omega-3 Fatty acids - These acids also play a key role in maintaining the health of your fingernails Some of the best natural sources include things such as flaxseed, walnuts and cold water fish.