whether you are looking for something new or a caffeine free alternative to your favorite we have a great tasting tea for you.
Tea is quite possibly the healthiest drink on the planet. It comes in many forms, each holding a unique set of health benefits ranging from green tea and its ability to combat free radicals within the body to the calming therapeutic effects of camomile and Kava. Here at the Auriel Health Shop we stock a wide selection of ethically sourced teas from around the world.
Types of Tea
Green Tea - Green tea is one of the healthiest drinks on the planet. Made from the infused leaves of the Camellia Sinensis, green tea that holds the most health benefits of any tea variety.
Green Tea Health Facts
- Green tea increases bodily metabolism, helping with weight loss.
- Helps to regulate glucose levels for people suffering from diabetes.
- Green Tea reduces bad cholesterol in the blood
- Regular consumption of green tea is thought to reduce the risk of high blood pressure.
Black Tea - Black tea is made from the same plant as green tea but to make black tea the leaves a allowed to oxidize (oxidation means the leaves are exposed to damp, oxygen rich air)
Black Tea Health Facts
- Black tea is full of healthy antioxidants known as polyphenols.
- Very Low in Sodium, Fat and Calories.
- Black Tea reduces Cardiovascular Problems.
- Black tea is known to increase energy and concentration levels.
White Tea - While green and black tea are both very healthy, white tea is actually the least processed variety of tea and holds the highest amount of antioxidants.
White Tea Health Facts
- Studies show that white tea can thin the blood and improve artery function.
- Antioxidants, have been found to reduce cholesterol, and white tea is brim full of them.
- Studies have shown that people who regularly drink white tea have increased bone density.
- It may reduce blood sugar and help prevent and alleviate the symptoms of diabetes.
Oolong Tea - Oolong is a semi-fermented tea that holds the benefits of both green and black tea in one tasty infusion.
Oolong Tea Health Facts
- Oolong Tea has an Anti-Aging effect on skin.
- Can actions reduce blood pressure if consumed regularly.
- It may be able to reduce heart disease.
- Treating skin condition such as eczema.