Dietary Minerals and Supplements
Minerals are essential for the human body, they help to create hormones, maintain a healthy heart, transmit nerve impulses and much more. In theory you should be able to get all the minerals needed though a varied healthy diet sometime this is just not the case. We stock a wide selection of mineral rich foods and supplements.
Minerals cannot be made in the body and must be obtained in our diet. The daily requirements of minerals required by the body can be obtained from a well balanced diet but, like vitamins, excess minerals can produce toxic effects.
Every single mineral found in the earth also is found in not only the human body but all living things on our planet. The earth naturally gives us minerals in the form of food and water but in todays world of polluted water supplies and industrial farming techniques that deplete the soil of minerals it's becoming harder and harder to get all the minerals needed through diet alone.
A deficiency of specific minerals within the body can lead to a whole host of acute and chronic health issues including:
- Anemia - When the number of red blood cells or concentrations of hemoglobin is low a person is said to have anemia
- heart disease - Heart disease is an umbrella term for any type of disorder that effects the heart
- Gastrointestinal disorders - Gastrointestinal (GI) disorders affect the esophagus, stomach, and small and large intestines
- Cancer - The disease caused by an uncontrolled division of abnormal cells in a part of the body.
- Arthritis - Symptoms of osteoarthritis may include joint pain and progressive stiffness that develops gradually.
- Goiter - Abnormal enlargement of the thyroid gland
"Each and every mineral that exists in the earth also exists in us and in all living things."