Natural Healthy Oils
Oils have been used for thousands of years for both cooking and health uses, we stock a selection of the very best healthy oils from around the world.
Our selection of cold press and ozonated oils carry a multitude of health benefits, each with its own unique set of properties. All of our oils are sent out in glass bottles or jars to prevent contamination from plastic packing materials.
What Are Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids (PUFAs)?
Oils come in many different chemical forms, including monounsaturated fats and polyunsaturated fats. Though all fats supply nine calories, some are still considered more healthy than others. Polyunsaturated fats are known as(PUFAs) are simply fats with more than one double bond of carbon at a molecular level.
Fats at a glance
Remember the following strategies when it comes to cooking with fats:
- Saturated fats - Bottom line: the fewer the better. Less than 8 percent of your daily fat intake should come from saturated fats. Eliminate whole and 2 percent dairy, and limit red meats and other animal protein at meals (reduce the frequency of meals, portion size or both.)
- Trans fats - Eliminate these from your diet by avoiding foods that contain hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oils. (Read the ingredient list every time you buy a product!)
- Monounsaturated fats - Ramp up your intake of olives, avocados and nuts, and use olive and canola oils for most of your cooking and baking, respectively.
- Polyunsaturated fats - You're likely already getting enough omega-6, so focus on increasing your intake of omega-3 foods such as salmon and walnuts.
- Hemp oil (80% PUFA)
- Flax oil (72% PUFA)
- Grapeseed oil (71% PUFA)
- Chia oil (70% PUFA)
- Safflower oil (75% PUFA)
- Walnut oil (55-63% PUFA)
- Cottonseed oil (50% PUFA)
- Brazil nut oil (24-36% PUFA, 24% SAFA)
- Pistachio oil (19% PUFA)
- Cashew oil (17% PUFA, 20% SAFA)
- Almond oil (17% PUFA, 8% SAFA)
- Avocado oil (10% PUFA)
- Macadamia oil (10% PUFA, 15% SAFA)
- Palm oil (8% PUFA, 50% SAFA)
- Olive oil (8% PUFA, 14% SAFA)
- Coconut oil (2-3% PUFA, 92% SAFA, 0% cholesterol)
About our oils
- We make sure that all the oils we stock on our site are organically certified by an official body such as the soil association
- We only buy our oils from manufacturers that use the cold press method of extraction meaning you get the best quality oils available
- We send all our oils out in glass jars or bottles to avoid any plastic contamination