Health benefits of organic soup
Vegetable soups are a great source of nutrition for our bodies, due to the nature of soup all the great benefit are made easily absorbable. Vegetable soup helps keep our blood pressure (and salt content) under control. Adding a quick bowl of soup to your meals during the cold season can help you warm up, protect your organism and avoid unnecessary calories.
- soups are low in fat (especially saturated fat)
- Soup is great for sick people and those who have trouble chewing, digesting food or are recuperating from an operation.
- There is growing evidence to suggest miso soup and other soups made with soy can help lower the risk of breast cancer. In fact, a recent Japanese study showed that their level of breast cancer is about 10 times lower than here in the West.
- Soup can be great during dieting periods or if you want to lose weight quickly for a special occasion.
- Thick soups made from pureed vegetables can be used as main dishes and are a great way to get more veggies into your diet.
- Most soups now come in a low-fat, low-sodium option for those who want more control over the nutritional content of their diet. Vegetarian soups are also widely available and can be a great option for those worried about saturated fat.
Here at the Auriel health shop we stock a selection of healthy vegetarian soups that are packed full of vitamins and minerals to help keep your body in tip top form.